Saturday, September 5, 2009

Calm..



There are many reasons for the birth of this painting. First I was prompted by Deepa to paint, then I was gifted with a fabulous set of colors by my good friend who always encourages me to paint (she is my school mate), and other thing is I am taking part in the event Picture In Your Mind which is hosted by Ikshaa.

I started with a reference photograph. But it turned out to be something else. So I call it my original and picture from my mind. I apologize for disappearing for a long time. I always need a trigger to paint. The triggers can be a good set of paint, a good sketch paper, my mood, and some encouragement. And hence this painting and as always it is not what I expected. I could have done better.

CALM – I was at peace while I finished this piece.

3 comments:

Deepa said...

wow!! Lovely,as always :)and yes,there's something about it which soothes the viewer.

lubnakarim06 said...

Beautiful...

Anitha Jayaraj said...

Deepa and Lubna - thank you so much.